Fast and Slow Reasoning in Physiotherapy Practice
While everyone thinks, not everyone thinks about their thinking. This presentation will provide an overview of key clinical reasoning theory.
This lecture covers:
- The cognitive processes used in clinical reasoning
- The different focus of clinical reasoning in physiotherapy
- Key clinical judgments important to physiotherapy practice
- Common errors in clinical reasoning
- Strategies to minimize errors and improve clinical reasoning
On completion of this presentation along with Psychosocial Focused Reasoning lecture:
- Participants will increase their understanding of the cognitive processes and essential clinical judgments in clinical reasoning within a biopsychosocial framework.
- Participants will learn common errors of clinical reasoning.
- Participants will learn strategies to minimize reasoning errors.
- Participants will learn strategies to reduce “noise” in physiotherapy judgments and for improving clinical reasoning.