Dizziness: A practical, evidence based intro to Vestibular Assessment, Treatment & Rehab
Suitable for practitioners with little or no previous experience of vestibular disorders, on completion, the participants should be able to:
· Understand the nature of dizziness, vertigo and balance system function
· Set dizziness within the bio-psycho-social context, recognising the scale of the problems associated with dizziness
· Recognise the common peripheral vestibular disorders and differentiate these from central nervous system pathology
· Incorporate a vestibular examination into their usual neuro-musculo-skeletal assessments.
· Diagnose and treat common variant benign positional vertigo (BPPV)
· Plan appropriate rehab programmes based upon individual assessment and clinical reasoning.
· Utilize the most appropriate outcome measures